Professionals at Riismaa Psychological Services are dedicated to quality client care, providing individual, family, and couples/marriage therapy as well as psychological evaluations. Our astute team works with all age groups, and welcomes both individual and group sessions based on the unique needs of our clients. Visit the Services page for more information.
We are licensed in the states of Illinois and New Jersey. In addition to in-person visits we also provide virtual visits.
Languages spoken: English, Spanish, Russian, Estonian, Ukrainian, Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi.
We believe in:
- The possibility of healthy relationships
- Building positive and productive ways of thinking
- Communication and problem solving
- Setting goals and achieving them
- Continuous personal development and positive social adjustments
- Improving individual awareness
- Recovery from trauma and addictions
- The importance of spirituality and religion
- Every individual’s ability to grow and move forward in life
We believe in you.
Most of the time when we are going through something difficult in our lives we typically keep it to ourselves. Why do we do this? Is it because we are embarrassed or afraid that we will be judged? Are we afraid to be seen as weak because we are feeling overwhelmed or can’t deal with…
When Baby Blues turn into Postpartum Depression Having a baby is one of the happiest moments in a woman’s life. Babies bring out an abundance of different emotions. Most of those emotions are positive and exciting. However, there are also negative and even frightening feelings that can accompany the birth of your child. Baby blues…
Let’s face it – kids can be jerks. They’re sticky, they’re loud, and they don’t listen. As caregivers we are responsible for helping mold the leaders of tomorrow, but sometimes it’s hard to look past the sass and goop. However, under the sticky and occasionally obnoxious exteriors are little hearts of gold that are ready…